Rhonda Hamer is a Certified Personal Trainer with specialties in Senior Fitness, Functional Aging, Corrective Exercise, Posture, Balance and is a Certified Nutrition Coach. Rhonda is also a certified Osteoporosis Fitness Specialist through the MedFit Education Foundation. Her passion for educating using play, movements that translate into everyday activities and varied exercise to challenge the body and keep things interesting is apparent in her classes.
As a Functional Aging and Senior Fitness specialist, Rhonda has chosen to focus her education as a Personal Trainer on those who find their bodies changing as they age and want to remain active or regain their fitness, giving them the ability to enjoy life to its fullest at any age through posture, balance, movement and nutrition.
Rhonda considers herself an educator first and foremost and has been teaching others through sport/fitness since the age of 16. She loves not only helping her students learn how to use their bodies, but also why we move the way we do. Posture, balance, core stability and mobility allow us to move towards improved strength, agility, power, and the ability to enjoy life to its fullest at any age or to remain fit or regain fitness as we age. Osteoporosis, among other conditions, only changes how to move; it does not determine if one can move. She believes in options and modifications for all in order to move well and pain free.
Rhonda's certifications include:
- American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer – Senior Fitness Specialist
- Osteoporosis Fitness Specialist
- FitLot Outdoor Fitness Park Neighborhood Coach (only one in Massachusetts!)
- Functional Aging Institute Functional Aging Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Nutrition Coach
- National Posture Institute Certified Posture Specialist
- The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Tivity Silver Sneakers Certified Instructor (7 class formats)
- Zibrio Balance Specialist
- American Heart Association CPR/AED Certified
In addition to classes, Rhonda is also available for individual or small group training, nutrition coaching, posture assessments or other fitness needs.